news


Recent Posts
Archives

 Subscribe in a reader

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Lurching toward onward

After an extended period of little meaningful musical activity, I am lurching toward onward. I have some setup work to do first. I've ordered and received an mBox 3 Pro FireWire interface that I need to install, test, and learn. In addition to recording at a higher resolution, I will be able to use hardware devices as inserts. In my blog post Brushing sound I wrote about using different types of devices and plug-ins to manipulate sound; the insert capability offers a variety of new techniques and workflows. I also will be upgrading from ProTools LE v8.0.4 to ProTools 9 and am excited about the new features that await. I have a few other software upgrades to execute, as well. Getting through this setup work will require the better part of a day.

And then the good stuff begins! My brain is teaming with musical ideas I am excited to explore. I am itching to begin the Breathe project along with another project that I'll announce later. The two projects will run simultaneously. I also owe Will Cruttenden my input to a project of his that will be my first work out of the gate; Will has been way too patient with me!

Along with getting back to work on the music I'll be increasing my activity on the blog. Not only do I enjoy sharing the behind-the-scenes stuff, blogging also serves as a memory expander. I can, and do, refer back to my blog posts to remind me where my headspace was during a session.

In the meantime, we're still shipping One Feather Shy and the staff at Clayphonic RecordsTM would love to ship a copy to you! The response has been fantastic... and much appreciated. Order yours today!

blog for the music of Loren Claypool

 

Loren Claypool on Facebook   Loren Claypool on Twitter   Loren Claypool on Flickr

The Claypools.com copyright notice